What Our People Can Expect
Diversity and inclusion are at the core of what we do at Castle Leslie Estate. We try very hard to create an open and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and welcome – from our team to our guests.
Our people can expect to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect. Work in an environment that actively promotes inclusion and makes them feel valued, where they can express their opinions and can be heard.
- Have support from their manager and colleagues.
- Have access to continuous development and new opportunities based on their personal merit and skills.
- Feel supported in times of difficulty such as bereavement, illness, physical or mental difficulties or changes in personal circumstances.
- Be protected from any form of discrimination and never to be treated less favourably or be disadvantaged in any way based on gender, gender re-assignment, age, civil status, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, race, membership of a trade union, religion, or membership of the traveller community.
We have received the Great Places to Work accreditation, and some of the stats that came from this accreditation are impressive!
- 94% of Employees here stated they are treated fairly regardless of sexual orientation.
- 97% of Employees here stated they are treated fairly regardless of their race.
- 87% of Employees here stated they are treated as a full member of the team regardless of their position.
- 94% of Employees here stated we celebrate special events here.
We have received the Fáilte Ireland Excellent Employer Accreditation.
This accreditation was based on a staff survey which covered Diversity & Inclusion, Culture, Teamwork and Corporate Social Responsibility amongst other markers. Our highest category of scoring was in the Diversity & Inclusion category where we received 89%!
Down Syndrome Ireland
Building a society where inclusion is promoted throughout the workplace, we’ve partnered with Down Syndrome Ireland to offer employment opportunities for people with Down Syndrome in the Monaghan area across restaurants and bars.
We have a super Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme offers all team members 24/7, 365 days of the year access to Wellbeing Support Programme to include: Autism support, international employee support, Counselling, Life coaching, Financial information, Cancer support, Mediation, Career guidance, Infertility, Pregnancy loss, and Parent coaching.
Gender Opportunities at Management Level
Over two thirds of our Senior Management Team are female. We also have an inspirational female owner.